Attention: If you are currently living in a residence hall, you must follow the procedure to request a contract breakage.
All single students under 21 years of age who have completed fewer than 30 hours of transferable credit after high school graduation are required to live in University housing.
Requests for Exceptions to the University Housing Policy are evaluated based on circumstances listed below and must be accompanied by appropriate documentation. To request an exception to the University Housing Policy:
- Visit the Office of Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services in Hammons House 104 and ask for the appropriate Exception to the University Housing Policy form or use one of the "fill and print" forms linked below.
- Commuter - Request to live with a parent or grandparent within 60 miles of Springfield.
- General - Request based on educational requirement, taking six credits or less, married or custodial parent, medical need, financial need, or other need.
- Pending 30 Hours - Request based on completing additional credit hours before beginning of semester. To complete this exception request:
My Missouri State > Campus Life > Housing > Request to live off campus > Pending 30 contract.
- Fraternity/Sorority Life - A flowchart detailing the criteria for living in a chapter house is available. To complete this exception request:
My Missouri State > Campus Life > Housing > Request to live off campus > Fraternity/Sorority Life contract.
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print these documents.
- Complete the appropriate exception form or contract and compile the required documentation outlined on the form.
- If “Other” is selected on the General Exception form, student will need to submit a typed, detailed letter explaining the circumstances and include any other supporting documentation.
- Submit exception request form and documentation to Hammons House 104.
Exception request forms are reviewed in the order in which they are received and will be processed as quickly as possible. Students will be notified via e-mail when the request has been processed.