The living-learning community program at Missouri State provides students with the opportunity to interact with faculty, staff, and community members through a variety of experiences, events, and activities centered around the theme of the LLC. The following information provides an outline for the goals and levels in which a faculty, staff, or community member can expect when involved with the LLC.
Objectives of LLC Partner Experience:
- LLC Partners will be able to articulate the overview of vision and mission of the LLC Program.
- LLC Partners will be able to list who is their main point of contact for the LLC Program, both on a professional and para-professional level.
- LLC Partners will be able to identify opportunities they have had to connect students with services, have informal interactions with the student population, and/or network with other campus/community partners.
- LLC Partners will be able to explain to other potential partners and community members how they have benefitted from being involved with the LLC.
Goals of the LLC Partner Experience:
- Program on a personal and/or professional level
- Share something they are passionate about sharing
- Connect students to services
- Feel connected to LLC
- Partners will have opportunity to have informal personal interactions with students
- Ability to identify/speak to intrinsic value of LLC involvement
Level of involvement for LLC Partners:
Level 1 Partnership: This partner is an individual (affiliated with the University or Springfield community) who is committed to presenting to the LLC of his/her choice on a topic related to the LLC one time during the academic year. This type of partner is typically available for this same topic presentation on a yearly basis. This type of partner is welcome and invited to the monthly LLC team meetings, but is not required to be present. The primary communication will be with the Coordinator assigned to work with the LLC.
Level 2 Partnership: This partner is an individual (affiliated with the University or Springfield community) who is committed to presenting to the LLC of his/her choice on topics related to the LLC 3-5 times an academic year. This type of partner is welcome and invited to the monthly LLC team meetings, but is not required to be present. The primary communication will be with the Coordinator assigned to work with the LLC.
Level 3 Partnership: This partnership is with a faculty member willing to teach a course linked with an LLC. This faculty member will partner with the Coordinator (and other visionaries) assigned to work with the LLC, to determine the course content. The Coordinator will work with the Registrar’s Office to ensure the LLC students are enrolled in this course. This partner is welcome and invited to the monthly LLC team meetings, but is not required to be present.
Level 4 Partnership: This partner is a primary partner with the LLC. This individual provides significant input and contributions to the LLC. This partner will be a content expert in the area of the LLC and will provide significant support to the housing staff charged with creating experiences linked to the LLC. This partner may be the direct provider of the LLC experience planned for that month or may invite another partner (level 1 or 2) to be involved with the experience for that month. The Level 4 Partner will attend monthly LLC team meetings to ensure the content of the LLC experiences are rich in content, intentional, and supported. This partner will maintain regular communication with the Coordinator to ensure the vision for the LLC continues to be carried out and maintained.
Interested in Becoming a Partner?
Interested in becoming a partner? Fill out our Living-Learning Communities Partner Interest Form.