Become a member of the Bear Crew and welcome over 4,000 new students and their families to campus by helping them move into their residence hall rooms. We are looking for volunteers from our current student body who will be sophomores, juniors and seniors next year to help with Missouri State Move-In, this August 14, 15 and 16.
Join our team by Tuesday, June 10, 2014
The Benefits of participating in Bear Crew
- All volunteers receive a free T-shirt
- Volunteers without a meal plan will be given a meal voucher for use in one of the dining centers
- Volunteers will be allowed to distribute student organization information on standard-sized business cards while they are helping students move in
- Volunteer hours will be tracked and submitted to OSE and Fraternity & Sorority Life for verification
- Students who live in the residence halls will be able to move in a day early
How Students Sign Up
We use VolunteerSpot to help us organize Bear Crew volunteers. For help using VolunteerSpot, review these easy directions and select one of the URL codes below:
Thursday, August 14, 2014 - http://vols.pt/ShCg5J
Friday, August 15, 2014 - http://vols.pt/pFp22T
Saturday, August 16, 2014 - http://vols.pt/rXppPN
All Bear Crew student volunteers will need to:
Students, please sign up for your Bear Crew shifts on VolunteerSpot and submit all required forms to Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services in Hammons House 107 by Tuesday, June 10, 2014. Please direct questions to:
Glena Admire OR Angela Strider - 417-836-4987
How Staff and Faculty Sign Up
The process for Staff and Faculty to sign up to help as Bear Crew volunteers is different from the student process. We encourage you to sign up for a two-hour shift. During that time, you can help greet and hold open doors, or help move boxes if you wish. Family members love seeing our staff and faculty engaged with our move-in process.
Staff and Faculty may sign up for our Bear Crew Opportunity or our House Calls event using this link:
How Leaders of the Bear Crew Sign Up
If you heard about working at least two half-day shifts leading our Bear Crew Volunteers, please contact our office to sign up.
Angela Strider and Glena Admire - 417-836-4987