This LLC, located in Blair House for the 2018-2019 academic year, is for first-year students with a declared major in the College of Health and Human Services or Pre-Health. The Future Health Care Professionals LLC is located in Blair House for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Sponsored by the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS), this LLC is an ideal living community for those interested in a health care or human services profession. Students have the opportunity to live with and learn from other students who have shared interests and goals and have interaction with faculty members outside the classroom through programming, informal advising and mentoring. Students also have networking opportunities with alumni and potential future employers.
Experiences include activities like:
- Career + Major Match Game
- Careers, Majors, Timelines…Oh My!
- Faculty Meet and Greet
- Healthcare Panel
- Healthcare Career Planning
- How To Talk To Your Professors
- Love Your Community service opportunity
- Stay On Track
Support and Faculty/Staff Involvement:
- Partnerships: College of Health and Human Services
- Partners for 15-16: Dr. Tona Hetzler, Tiffany Havlin, Dr. Scott Richmond, Kathy Adams, Louise Bigley, Debby Cron, Dr. Allan Liggett, and Kristin Tivener
- Faculty Fellows 2014-15: Dr. Adena Young-Jones, Dr. Kristina Henry, Kathy Adams, Joseph Williams, Dr. Scott Richmond
- Faculty Fellows 2013-14: Dr. Adena Young-Jones, Dr. Kristina Henry, Kathy Adams, Joseph Williams, Dr. Scott Richmond, Dr. Tona Hetzler
For more information about the Future Health Care Professionals LLC, please contact the Student Success Initiatives Office at 417-836-3234. To indicate interest in this LLC, please indicate it as one of your top five LLC preference on your 2016-2017 housing application. We look forward to you joining our community.