This LLC, located in Woods House for the 2018-2019 academic year, is offered to first-year, traditional aged students in all majors (including those who are undecided or undeclared). The Follow Your Passion LLC is located in Wells House for the 2017-2018 academic year.
College is an adventure! Uncertain about your path or wondering if there is something else out there for you to explore? Join us in the Follow Your Passion (FYP) Living-Learning Community (LLC). Explore academic options at Missouri State University in a fun, creative way. Through active hands-on learning, FYP residents discover how individual passions relate to different majors and career choices. This community is ideal for first-year students who are exploring career options, considering majors at the University, or those would like to utilize their natural curiosity to discover new areas of passion. This LLC includes opportunities to make friends, get connected with campus and Springfield community along with guided activities in selecting a major and career. Students will receive guidance on exploring and selecting leadership opportunities and other options available at MSU that enhances their student experience and career plan.
Experiences include activities like:
- “Do I have to take THAT class?” Making the most of your general education courses
- “Happy” Documentary and Discussion
- Career Center Tour
- Downtown Springfield Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Focus 2 Assessment
- Follow Your Passion, Find your Sweet Tooth
- Valentine Making at Montclair Retirement Home
Partnerships and Support:
- Partnerships for 15-16: Dave Embree, Todd Euglow, Dr. Christie Cathey, Christina Bowles, Cindy McMeley
- Faculty Fellows for 14-15: Dave Embree, Dr. Andrew Homburg, Dr. Micki Pulleyking, Dr. John Schmalzbauer, Christine Sudbrock
For more information about the Follow Your Passion LLC, please contact the Student Success Initiatives Office at 417-836-3234. To indicate interest in this LLC, please indicate it as one of your top five LLC preference on your 2016-2017 housing application. We look forward to you joining our community.