This LLC, is located in Freduenberger, Hammons, Hutchens, and Woods Houses for the 2017-2018 academic year, is offered to first-year, traditional aged students in all majors.
You are beginning a wonderful journey here at MSU and this LLC is designed just for you! College is an exciting time, full of meeting new people, joining organizations, attending class, and discovering yourself as an adult. Living on your own for the first time promotes new confidence. You’ll find it somewhere between your newfound freedom and that ever growing pile of laundry that doesn’t seem to wash itself. The First-Year Bears LLC understands and promotes the opportunity to be surrounded by other first-year college students who are experiencing the same real-life changes at or around the same time as you. Designed to enhance each student’s first year of college and help ease the transition into college life, you will learn about academic resources available on campus and explore the campus and Springfield community with others on your floor. Students on these floors receive numerous opportunities to interact with others and to get involved on campus. In addition, students interact with faculty members in a relaxed setting outside the classroom.
Experiences include activities like:
- Downtown Springfield Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Kite Flying and Picnic at the Park
- Men’s Basketball game vs. Wichita State
- REG 650 (How to register for classes)
- SAC After Hours: Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? Trivia Night
- The Rare Breed Service Project
- Transitioning Back Home
- Volunteer at Boys and Girls Club
Partnerships and Support:
- Partnerships for 15-16: Dr. Taleyna Morris
- Faculty Fellows for 14-15: Dr. James Baumlin, Dr. Steve Jones, Dr. Taleyna Morris, Dr. Jeremy Neely, Dr. Indira Palacios-Valladares, Dr. Paula Patterson
For more information about the First-Year Bears LLC, please contact the Student Success Initiatives Office at 417-836-3234. To indicate interest in this LLC, please indicate it as one of your top five LLC preference on your 2016-2017 housing application. We look forward to you joining our community.