This LLC, located in Freudenberger House, is offered to first-year students in all majors.
Are you a fitness enthusiast; P90X, CrossFit, Yoga, Zumba, Insanity, or Couch25K? Are you into dietary supplements, tracking carbs, being mindful of what you consume and how it impacts your body and physical performance? If you answered yes to either of these questions, the Fit and Well LLC is for you!
This is an ideal community for students interested in health, wellness, sport, and fitness opportunities on campus, as well as exploring ways to adopt lifelong healthy behaviors. Students interact with faculty and staff members outside the classroom through programming, informal advising, and mentoring. Students will take GEP 101 specifically designed for first-year Fit and Well LLC students and attend special events in the new Foster Recreation Center, all while having the opportunity to participate in tailored programs focused on fitness, wellness, and overall health.
Experiences related specifically to Fit and Well:
- #FitBears Challenge
- Farmers Market
- Get Fit in the Halls
- Grocery Store Tours
- Intramural Sports
- Love Your Community service opportunity
- Nature Center Hike and Tour
- Relaxation and Reflexology
- Stress Relief and Relaxation
- Taylor Health and Wellness Center Tour
Support and Faculty/Staff Involvement:
- Partnerships: Campus Recreation, Department of Kinesiology and Taylor Health and Wellness Center
- Partners for 15-16: Cindi Barnett, Dr. Melinda Novik, Jerilyn Reed, Galen Martin, Sarah Murray, and Daniela Novotny
- Faculty Fellows for 14-15: Dr. Melinda Novik, Dr. Amanda Perkins, Dr. Keith Ernce, Darryl Clark, Sarah Murray, and Daniela Novotny
- Faculty Fellows for 13-14: Dr. Melinda Novik, Dr. Amanda Perkins, Dr. Keith Ernce, Amy Stokes and Sarah Murray
- Faculty Fellows for 12-13: Dr. Melinda Novik, Dr. Amanda Perkins, and Dr. Keith Ernce
For more information about the Fit and Well LLC, please contact the Student Success Initiatives Office at 417-836-3234. To indicate interest in this LLC, please indicate it as one of your top five LLC preference on your 2016-2017 housing application. We look forward to you joining our community.